Dr John Stevenson is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. This policy is effective from May 2018
What information we collect
• name and title
• contact information including email address
• demographic information such as postcode
• clinical details supplied by you or other healthcare professionals
The special categories of personal data are:
• Health data
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• Providing healthcare for you.
• We may use the information to improve our services.
Information may be kept for 7 years or more.
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified.
Consent is required for Dr John Stevenson to process all types of personal data but it must be explicitly given.
Dr John Stevenson may share your data with other health care professionals only if they are relevant to your care. It will not be shared with any other organisations.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for any purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
• We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so.
• You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Dr John C Stevenson c/o Royal Brompton Hospital, Sydney Street, London NW3 6NP.
• If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.